CheeseLouise
Ain't Easy Being Cheesy

Bikes: 2006 Specialized Ruby Comp :)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tom Stormcrowe
Thank you Kadowski! By the way, in answer to my ability to get past the Glycogen depletion after about two hrs? Yes, I can. I have bonked and interestingly enough it was at the 2:15 point. I have learned how to manage my intake to avoid dumping syndrome AND get past the 2 hr depletion point now, though. I still operate at a caloric deficit, but don't we all! As long as I stay hydrated and consume about 300kcals/hr, either through liquid nutrition or Glycemically moderate bars like Clif, I'm fine.

Reference the answer to the commenter, yes, I did reduce calories, and I did diet for years and continued to gain weight. Your metabolism can get so depressed that it literally becomes impossible to lose weight short of drastic measures. I would most likely be dead now if not for the surgery. Then we run into the perception of obese people, those that seem to think we all eat at all you can eat buffets every meal, so to speak. I hate to break it to ya, but I didn't ever nor will I ever eat at a buffet. I am currently participating in a gene study, right no as well, to add data to the study of whether obesity has a genetic component. They HAVE identified a marker gene, by the way that appears to have a very strong connection to obesity.

So everyone knows, I didn't post on this string to subject myself to veiled ridicule or scorn, but to assist someone with the experience and data I had.
NO!! Kadowski, Don't go away. Tell me more...please, this is such a permanent, crtitcal, vital, life changing decision.

Tom...thank you for your tough and candid honesty, this is not an easy quality to find in people these days. Pedal Wench, you too are one in a million. It is not many that have an open enough mind to even try and understand.

OMG!!! Reading all this brings me to tears. I have felt so very alone and have come to believe that *I* must be hopeless and that it must just be *me* not doing something right. Despite all my best efforts to elimante the weight I have failed again and again.

Please anyone else with experiences, good or bad, please share them. If you are not comfortable posting please send me a PM.

Thanks again for everyones input! This is such a crucial decision in my life. I need all the experience, information and honesty I can find.

Take care all!

Linda

2006 Specialized Ruby Comp
www.bikenaked.net