Old 06-07-19, 10:46 AM
Wolfhaven

Bikes: Salsa Fargo, Surly Disc Trucker, Surly ECR, Cannondale Cujo, Rocky Mountain Blizzard

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by wphamilton
Fixed gear cornering too fast, pedal strike and I went down hard on my right. Nothing feels broken but this near 60 year body didn't take it well at all and it hurts like hell. Bruised rib at least, some kind of shoulder injury but not a collarbone. I know what THAT feels like all too well.

So I'm out from commuting for at least a few days, depending on how the pain subsides. Not planning on seeing ER or a clinic yet unless I decide I need X-rays, because they'd likely just prescribe pain killers that I don't want anyway. My planned runs are definitely out this weekend.
Ouch! Tough finding out we don't bounce like we used to.

Cool in the mornings still. They graded the entire 6.5 miles of gravel road yesterday so it's loose, soft gravel the entire way. Makes it a slog. Won't really get packed down until we get rain and hoping it comes on Sunday as forecasted. Liking the way the Big Apples in 2.35 roll on the pavement. Makes the 11 miles of pavement a little faster. Going home the temps could be 40 degrees warmer then the morning temps. Sure makes it tough to dress. Thinking I'll put on the bikepacking cages this weekend and start getting used to them on the bike.