Old 01-06-20, 09:26 PM
KraneXL

Bikes: Cannondale Quick SL1 Bike - 2014

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3405 Post(s)
Liked 240 Times in 185 Posts
Originally Posted by wolfchild
I can't do that without feeling like crap. Trust me, I've tried. the type of rest you're talking about here and it doesn't do anything positive for me. I feel so much better when being active and doing something.
You don't have to believe me. Talk to your healthcare provide. They'll explain it to you and why it so vital to shut down your body completely for long-term health and vitality.

Speaking of which, I just experience an example of overtraining. Last year I made a resolution to drop some body fat (that persistent layer around the waist). I had don't pretty good cutting my sugar consumption by 75%. Nevertheless, the year was ending and I still had about 2% to go. In a frantic -- albeit futile -- attempt to burn the fat before the year ended I started training continuously.

Needless to say all that stress on my body, and with too little rest in-between took its toll. I stated getting sever shoulder pains along with clicking and popping not only on my bad side but on my good shoulder as well. The pain was so bad I couldn't even reach for the clock to check the time.

A clear and present indication that I had been overtraining. This weekend, I took an extra day off and made it my focus to spend as much time in bed -- hopefully asleep -- as I could. Today, the soreness in my shoulder is greatly reduced and my mobility is a whole lot better.

Now when I go back to training again, I can do a whole lot more because I won't be limited by stiffness and pain. I don't just make this stuff up.