Old 01-26-20, 07:03 PM
francophile 
PM me your cotters

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked 590 Times in 422 Posts
Originally Posted by alexnagui
Hmm, it's actually hard to tell how perfect the alignment is by using just the tool itself. Or maybe I don't use the tool correctly.
I just used a ruler which I clamped between the bushings to see where the center of the wheel will end up. Next to that, I used a string as a reference. It seems a bit off indeed! Gonna try to fix the alignment tomorrow and see if it helps.
What you did is exactly what I was going to ask you to do: Pinch a flat edge between the two ends and run a string. Bingo. And you see, it's not quite straight. There's your problem in a whole.

I'll attach instructions from my FFG below, but what I'd suggest is this: Check their repair page out and see if anything jumps out which you didn't already know: https://www.parktool.com/blog/repair...pout-alignment

Specifically pay attention to how they handle the tool when bending. I swear they had a video for it also, but I just can't seem to find it!

Here are my instructions, if it helps. If you need me to scan to PDF and email you a copy, LMK, I'm happy to do so. (PS: Some folks suggest bending slightly past where you should, like +5%, just to account for snap-back of steel. Not sure if it applies for fork-ends, but for steel in general...)