Old 09-08-20, 03:35 PM
Murray Missile 

Bikes: More than there were awhile ago.

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 639 Post(s)
Liked 1,309 Times in 615 Posts
Originally Posted by funsizes
Nope I payed $60 total for both bikes. I thought it was going to be a fun side project to try to get new parts on it, but it doesn't seem to be the case based on this forum, but if I was to go through the route of buying the parts how would I even buy the parts to then replace the parts on my existing bike?

Here's mine, Paid $30 for it, it had one new tire, one "ok" tire and was pretty much all original. The original wheels had something spilled or splashed on them that ate clear through them so I put a set of steel wheels off a later Schwinn with a 6 speed freewheel. I put new brake pads on it, new bar tape right over the decent original then cleaned and adjusted everything. Eventually it got the Panaracer Paselas, saddle and some other add ons seen in the picture but nothing major. I tried to sell it 3 different times and couldn't get a single nibble at $100. I'm sure the frame size had more than a little to do with it but I've sold several other road bikes with tall frames before, while this one was for sale and since. By all means fix yours up and ride them, they're great for putzing around on a nice casual cruise, but I sure wouldn't do much "upgrading" or modernizing. Fix what needs to be fixed, put some decent tires and saddles on them and ride them. Something more worthy of serious upgrading will come along, trust me it always does LOL.