View Single Post
Old 03-29-19, 03:11 PM
hig4s

Bikes: Evil Insurgent, Giant Stance, Wife has Liv Cypress, son has Motobecane HT529

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
It will be a Kindle e-book with live links to trail maps, park websites, local restaurants, and other local attractions. As a Kindle book, it will be occasionally updated and will be available to Kindle Unlimited members. The brewery idea is a good one. There are a ton of local breweries in Florida, some of them quite good.

The bikes are called mountain bikes, so it is called mountain biking whether you are on an actual mountain or not. I started mountain biking in Michigan back in the 70s about the same time the Marin County guys did. That was before you could buy a mountain bike. You had to build your own, of course then we called them trail bikes.

I figure everyone here knows English well enough to know that it is mountain biking even if you are not on a mountain, but some people just wanted to bash Florida. If you live somewhere with great mountains, and serious downhill trail, good for you. Not everyone does. And while I travel to other places, I live in Florida. When there is several feet of snow on the mountain trails, and you can't ride, I'm still riding. Some people vacation here and don't even know there are trails and never bring their bikes.. This could be useful to them.

There are thousands of miles of single track in Florida. Alex from Singletrack Sampler first started riding mountain bikes in Florida. Seth, from Seth's Bike Hacks still comes down to ride occasionally when there is too much snow up north to ride. There are trails from totally flat easy gravel and dirt multi-use, to fast flow singletrack trails, (of course you have to peddle the straights at times to keep up your speed), to serious technical roots and rocks. There are not long ups or downs, but we do have a few, and we have dozens of serious organizations around the state that do a great job with what they have to work with. Both Santos and Alafia have a few gap jumps.

Here is the newest one at Alafia. If you miss, you could be lunch for a gator.

Last edited by hig4s; 03-29-19 at 03:19 PM.
Likes For hig4s: