View Single Post
Old 05-25-19, 12:47 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4510 Post(s)
Liked 6,374 Times in 3,666 Posts
Originally Posted by mississippimud
I have seen that marvelous merz mtb , bad to the bone ! DiNucci really didn’t go into to much detail thru our emails about numbers of the touring frames , the crazy thing is he didn’t stamp the bb on this one and from here say hardly on any of them back in the day, so that sorta tells me there was not a lot of them and not a lot of logging them into a book , micro fish or whatever was used. I did miss a Pink Merz road bike frame set a few years ago just by hours , literally I had pm’ed Jim and he said a guy had just sent him the money ...GRrrrr ! The good news is I know where it is and will be asking the buyer about “that pink merz” he bought to build up for his wife .
Tx, funny thing about the MTB, front tweaked, way too small, rides just fine, amazing. Never seen one in person or for sale so nothing else matters, I have one now.

Jim seems to be the go to for his bikes, you have to act fast and hope you can get one before he goes through it before the $$$ go way up. You saw the recent white one is for sale, but $2200? That being said, I will gladly go for one in my size if he offers one up, would be fantastic to have one he went through as well.

I think he hangs onto all the ones in his size, which is my size so....

I know he has quite a few.