Old 07-19-19, 07:54 AM
Skipjacks

Bikes: 2017 Specialized Crosstrail / 2013 Trek Crossrip Elite

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1002 Post(s)
Liked 237 Times in 155 Posts
Originally Posted by wphamilton
It's never been too hot for me to ride, since I've lived here in Georgia. It's very seldom hotter than high 90's. As long as I keep moving and have enough water I'm generally OK.
Where you live is critically important.

You live in Georgia. So you are used to Georgia heat and humidity. It's normal to your body. But someone from Siberia would die in 95 degree heat with sweltering humidity.

What's interesting is that anyone can acclimate to just about any condition.

I spent 3 months in Southern California once. When I got there it was like a dream! After 3 months I came home to the mid atlantic heat and humidity and couldn't breath. I had become so used to 72 degrees and no humidity that upon returning to where I was from my body had forgotten how to cope. After a while I got used to the mid atlantic again.

Other times I've been out of place were a visit to Portland, Maine and Miami, Florida.

Being from the mid atlantic I found Portland to be a bit chilly with highs in the low 50's in April. But there were French Candians who had come south for the beach!!! So I'm freezing. The locals are comfortable. And the Canadians are melting in the heat!

A couple of times I have been in Miami in February and I was thrilled that there were lows in the mid 60's. I'm walking around in shorts and a t shirt at night while the locals are wearing jackets and gloves looking at me like I'm nuts.

Where you're from and what your body is used to makes all the difference in the world.
Likes For Skipjacks: