Thread: Finally! (?)
View Single Post
Old 08-12-19, 11:15 AM
velojym

Bikes: Konas: Jake the Snake-Fire Mountain-Zing Supreme, Dew Deluxe,Zone Ltd. (frame, needs parts), Surly Long Haul Trucker, Santana Arriva tandem, Montagues: Paratrooper-Fit, Trek 1200, Bianchi Ocelot, Fantom Cross Uno, Bridgestone 200

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked 227 Times in 122 Posts
Originally Posted by RubeRad
How'd that work out?

I agree, you don't want 'annoying pressure', but lots of cheerful welcoming. 'Hey, do you want to go riding tomorrow morning?' and 'I found a new place to ride I thought you might enjoy' and 'If you ever spot a trail or something you'd like to try out, let me know!' Maybe look for ways to combo other fun activities, like ride to a restaurant or a movie or a store (with backpacks to carry back the loot), etc.
I am taking that tack, to whatever extent I'm able (I'm not real social), and she seems interested. So, I'll see how that works out. In the meantime she's out of town for a conference.

My "new" frame is hanging on the basement wall now, waiting for the parts scrounging. I did go ahead and order some basic, yet decent quality parts to make up for what I either don't have in the pile, or just to avoid having yet another cobbled together mongrel (though, my mongrels are pretty good!) while keeping a low budget in mind.
I did find a seatpost that fits, though it's a bit heavy. The saddle wasn't my first choice, but as I have some bar tape that would look good with it... maybe...
It's going to go back to its roots, with Tiagra and Alex. Whether I upgrade this frame in the future... dunno. I'm nearing 50 and am not so interested in racing as just keeping a good pace. This should suffice for a while. After I assemble all the bits, I'll take it to my bike shop for final adjustment and checking torque on everything.