Old 06-15-18, 01:00 PM
Brett A
Word.

Bikes: Surly Disc Trucker, Orbea Oiz XCountry Bike, Specialized Roubaix, Borealis Echo Fat Bike for Winter, many others out in the barn.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked 99 Times in 51 Posts
Originally Posted by ooga-booga
i'd say fly into slc and head in a generally se direction, hitting capitol reef np, canyonlands np, moab, arches np, mesa verde np. durango-colorado,
valles caldera national preserve (new mexico), bandelier nm, taos, santa fe and fly out of albuquerque or if enough time...ride towards/fly out of tucson
and add silver city (new mexico), chiricahua nm and bisbee, az along the way.
This looks amazing. And the fact I've never been to CO or NM is a plus. I could visit friends in NM w/this plan.
Originally Posted by ooga-booga
but since you loved the heat, isolation and scenery of death valley np, i'll suggest another route. fly into slc and ride north into south central idaho to
visit city of rocks national reserve, then angle over into nevada to hit the jarbidge wilderness, drop down to elko, head west to winnemucca, drop down into the
humboldt-toiyabe natl forest/pyramid lake/hawthorne/tonopah area, east to ely and great basin np, then down towards las vegas where you can incorporate
a little side trip into death valley and/or mojave natl perserve for old times sake before flying out of vegas. huge isolation. huge planning. big sky and big country.
There's a lot going on there. But you got my number with the heat, isolation and scenery. I'll see what it would look like if I massaged 400 miles or-so out of this list.