Old 05-12-19, 03:50 PM
michaelm101

Bikes: Cannondale Carbon Synapse Road, Cannondale T2000 Touring, Vintage Mongoose IBOC Pro MTB, Vintage Peugeot 12spd racer, Old rusty Schwinn Manta Ray I neglected as a child, Diamondback Haanjo EXP Carbon & Metro, Specialized Roubaix Pro, RaleighSC Tandem

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked 39 Times in 29 Posts
Originally Posted by djb
the way you describe it, you make it sound like you bought a stolen bike...which brings up ambivalent feelings to be honest.
Generally speaking, I understand your point. However, it was around 2013/14---IMHO, an old (2000) touring bike in a "bad" neighborhood doesn't necessarily mean that it's stolen. In addition to needing some TLC, the lady (seller) mentioned that the former husband did bike tours in SE Asia. It was very apparent from the types of bikes and items up for sale, that everything was legitimate.

On a similar note, I recently bought a like-new 2006 Specialized Roubaix Pro (originally $4,500) for $300 from a person in a "very good" neighborhood. He was a triathlete and the bike's original owner was his elderly father, who attempted to get into cycling back then. He unfortunately, ran into health complications. and the bike sat in the garage all these years...