BikeliciousBabe
Banned.

Bikes: Cannondale CAADX

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bike Hermit
Somebody mentioned the narrow roads and heavy traffic in Yellowstone. There could be bumper to bumper motor homes, trailers and buses. Chances are very good there will also be herds of bison on the road, and those guys are big, quick and unpredictable. There might also be "bear jams" with vehicles stopped to look at bears which might be black or grizzly, off the road or on it. I think being eaten by a griz while camping is only one of the concerns I would have.
We plan to ride early and late to avoid the midday traffic! We'll reach most of our campgrounds by noon and/or be within a few miles of them before it gets too busy.

Originally Posted by Doug64
That was the beauty of riding through Yellowstone on a bike. We could go around stopped traffic, and stop wherever we wanted. Traffic was not a problem, when we rode through there is mid-July.

We did have a little excitement with a bison at one of the "bison jams".
Good to know! When my other half rode through last year he didn't have an issue with traffic and they were really busy. He pulled over for motorhomes and otherwise every one was super nice he said!

We were told by a ranger via email that bison are actually more of a danger than the bears due to the shear number of them.

Originally Posted by indyfabz
I nearly got doored riding in Yellowstone when someone pulled over and opened their door because someone else thought they saw something with four legs and a tail up on a hillside. Good thing I was going up hill and thus slowly.
Was it in a "no parking" zone? Last year when my other half rode through he was following a car that pulled over in a "no parking" zone and a lady got out of the car and stepped into the road without looking. She was hit and killed instantly. He says the sound of it still bothers him

Woman killed in Yellowstone National Park was trying to take photo of an Eagle | fox13now.com