View Single Post
Old 04-04-20, 08:53 AM
VegasTriker

Bikes: Catrike 700, Greenspeed GTO trike, , Linear LWB recumbent, Haluzak Horizon SWB recumbent, Balance 450 MTB, Cannondale SM800 Beast of the East

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 523 Post(s)
Liked 230 Times in 182 Posts
I never came across a tube I couldn't inflate enough to find a hole if there is one. You can inflate it to much larger than the deflated tube without damaging it. Have you checked for a slow leak at the valve If it is deflating over a couple of weeks, the hole may be very small or the valve could be leaking a bit.

As to the OP. Do you mean the holes in the tube are at different places relative to the valve opening in the rim? If that is the case it is more of a mystery. If the cause was a bad point in the rim liner the hole should always be at one point on the tube equidistant from the valve. In a pinch you can cover the existing liner with narrow electrical tape. I've done that for years and it works fine.
Have you run your hand around the inside of the rim looking for burrs? It's easy to file down them if you find one. That could be your source of the holes but it still would be located around the same distance from the valve on all of the tubes.