Old 09-26-19, 11:40 PM
Clythio

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by carpediemracing

I'm not sure what you mean by "sec 4" vs "7 or 8". Could you explain?

I'll add 0.5 sec, or make my aero drag significant, to give me a more realistic prediction.

I'm using an SRM (Cannondale SI model, not sure how precise it is, wireless) to measure power. I was using my best recent 35 second power number as an average, and my best recent 2 second number for 2 seconds (both numbers hit in one effort). I'm not that fast so the AC number didn't make sense to me.

I don't understand the second bit. Are you saying that it's better that the base bar handles not be too low? I was thinking it would be good to match my drop position (BB->Drops relationship) as that's what seems to determine stability under acceleration. I experimented with sprint position on the road and found that having the bars a certain relationship to the BB was the best. Higher up, further forward, or even further back, not as good. On the other hand I have never ever done max effort standing starts so there's that. Only standing starts I've done were for regular long time trials, 16-65 minutes long, so I started pretty gently relatively speaking.

Time for bed, thanks for giving me all these things to think about.
"Time in which power is maximum"... they use 3,7 as default - reality for me is 8 to 9 sec - play with that and check how it changes result.
I use "Time period" 38, if result is slightly lower like 37,6. etc. no that 50" default - this 50" brings time 2 sec down and wrong - I play it in an iterative way until both numbers converge - estimated time and "Time period".
Using my Mexico 2018 Pan numbers (I rode a decent 37,6 sec - WKO image below) I got very near results - 37,5 and 37,8, just playing with 8 and 9 for the peak power time.