Old 09-28-14, 09:07 AM
grolby

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked 86 Times in 60 Posts
Originally Posted by abhirama
Live stream from the men's race. Phil Liggett is being made to look like a fool by his co-commentator, Jose Been. I wish she talked more and he less (or even better, not at all).
Couldn't agree more. She was fantastic. She should get his job.

Originally Posted by ShutUpLegs
Anybody watch the women's race yesterday? Armistead had the perfect move with 4 of them coming to finish and none of them worked. I guess they figured if they dragged Vos to the line she was the best sprinter, but can't was an interesting finale.
That was a great race. Promising selection brought down by too much brinksmanship in the final 1.5 k. It's been amazing to see PFP emerge this season - perhaps the next great multidiscipline super-talent. Vos still had enough left to mount a decent sprint at the end, even if it wasn't for the podium. I've seen some people talking about this race like it was the end of the Vos era. Ridiculous - she's still the boss. If anything, it's her competition improving, not her getting worse.

Originally Posted by abhirama
What a finish! I'd have expected the other big names to take more chances though..
Too much to lose, I guess. No one was really willing to seize the moment, and with such a large group still together at the base of the last climb, it's not surprising. Kwiatkowski really chose the perfect moment to make his move. Pulled the other favorites free as well, so you have to wonder if you would've seen a similar group and rainbow jersey for Gerrans if he hadn't done it. I'm delighted to see Kwiatkowski take it. It was a tense final few kilometers as I was really pulling for him, but the gap was so small by the end that I just wasn't sure. If he had been brought back, my only mantra would've been "anyone but Valverde." Anyone else in that group would've been a deserving winner.