Old 04-08-16, 10:40 AM
Rob_E

Bikes: Downtube 8H, Surly Troll

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 303 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Machka
Did anyone else go on holiday without your cars over Easter?
I was without a car, I think, but I didn't go anywhere. Love those photos, though. Makes me yearn for a trip outside of my normal stomping grounds. I sometimes forget that there's parts of the world that have no resemblance to the eastern United States.

I do have plans. Four day music festival coming up, and getting there is half the fun. Well, maybe not half.

It's only 40 or 50 miles or so away, but I've found that the earlier I get there, the better my camping spot, so I've gotten into the habit of taking the bus as close as I can (about halfway) so that I can get camp set up. This year I might just bike the first half the night before and get one more day of camping in. Then a long weekend of music. Then a leisurely ride back home (or half of a leisurely ride home plus a bus ride, depending on the weather).

-------------------------

Then a few weeks later I get to finally put my S & S coupler bike to the test by flying with it in to central Ohio, biking the north east half of the Ohio-to-Erie trail up to Cleveland, take the train to Pittsburgh, ride the Great Allegheny Passage + the C & O Towpath Trail to Washington DC, and take the train home. Almost two weeks. Almost no cars. And about 50% self-propelled. Here's hoping.