View Single Post
Old 07-05-18, 12:50 PM
atrp2biz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KraneXL
Keto is a great diet for anyone but it works best for those that have a lot more fat than you. Your goal weight is on the very light side for someone your height, but I assume you're going for the shredded look? May I suggest you tell all your friends (and especially your family) about your goal so they know not to tempt you with food -- although holidays like today can be a good reason to take a break.

Family can be notorious for derailing your diet especially when they're all eating foods you need to stay away from, and that tempts you to stray from your diet.
I'm not looking for the shredded look per se but it has become more of an experiment at this point. I'll be satisfied in a range of 185-190.

My family has been tremendously supportive despite my wife being a physician who thinks I'm just being silly. We had sheppard's pie the other day and my wife substituted cauliflower for the potatoes. She's supportive of the IF, but thinks it's crazy to avoid fruits. My kryptonite in the past has been potato chips and she feels that as long as I avoid those, I'd lose weight. In any case, I'm on the path I'm on and am curious of what the outcome will be in 2-3 months.

I can't stress this enough. It is an EASY 'diet'. I use the term diet loosely because I think diets are short-term changes in eating patterns, but keto is something that can be maintained as a new way of living/eating.