Old 05-18-19, 02:53 AM
allout1

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Catching the Bike Seat Between the Thighs: Do You???

As my legs became stronger and more in tune with bike I noticed that I get a lot more power, stamina, and consistency out of my legs if I capture the bike seat at the upper ends of my thighs. Rather than sitting on the seat like a normal person, I sit on it with my thighs. But it's not really sitting. I'm balancing myself over the seat in a coordinated effort to control pedals and my position as though the seat were a jet blast deflector on an aircraft carrier. The push on the pedal is more efficient because the top end of my leg (thigh) is completely stopped and stationary because the seat catches it.

This method gives me a completely different riding experience in every sense of riding. Just sitting, and pedaling the way I was before cannot compete. My legs get too tired, and the power is not there.

My legs can be exhausted, but when I use "hip deflector seat trick," all of a sudden I have power for hills, high speed acceleration from stop, etc.

Tell me about bike seats. Is this what it's all about, or have you not ever heard of this before? Pros are going to know this.