Old 05-24-19, 01:12 PM
notmyke

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
Curious what is bad about the supergps?
I've had mine for a couple years and 2 others i ride with have it too- they work quite well every time.
1. The fact that it can't act as an odometer - it's only measuring my distance ridden if I'm "tracking" (so, my average speed on a ride is impacted by the stop-and-go moseying my way through town). How many km on my current set of tires? No idea with the Lezyne.

2. It rarely properly transfers ride data to my phone successfully.

3. The font they use is terrible for quick glances - it takes a good look to distinguish whether I'm looking at a 6 or 8 or 9 - and even the 1 and 0 are almost indistinguishable given...

4. ...the terrible glare on the display.

5. Even though I've paired it at least five times with my phone, notifications still never show up on the Lezyne.

6. Occasionally forgets the sensor(s) its paired with and I have to re-pair with the ANT+ speed/cadence and Di2 transmitters.

7. No way to correct for (or re-calibrate for) bogus altimeter or temperature readings - take a look at the photo below. That was taken at ~28m above sea level, where it was 5C outside (not the -66m below sea level, and 11C reported by the computer). The altimeter would eventually straighten out and be at least somewhere in the ballpark, but temperature was always reading ~11F / 5C too warm, even riding at night below freezing, it was reporting +3C or whatever. (Yes, that's the Mega-C in the photo, but the SuperGPS had the same issue - took three returns to finally get one that read temp accurately.)

8. It reports Di2 chain position as F2 R6, for example, instead of 53-16 (which would make a lot more sense); at least give me that option.
(They did even worse on this with the newer Mega-C recently, by using icons, and completely inverting the diagramming of the cogs - largest rear cog on the right-most; smallest on the left. For a company that touts is motto as "Engineered design"....they seem fairly dense when it comes to UI.)