View Single Post
Old 06-02-19, 04:48 PM
jppe
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 408 Posts
Originally Posted by CricketUSA
Hi Guys!

Thanks for the replies! I think I am going to set my bike up on my trainer and ride on that for a while until my butt feels better.

Also when you all started back in riding, did any of you lower your saddle height a lot? And did you switch out the pedals temporarily?

I tried riding today with my cleated shoes as my bike has Look pedals, but I found it really awkward to get both feet locked in. So today I mostly just pedaled with one foot locked in and one foot dangling as it felt really awkward (and painful) to get up fully on the saddle (I haven't lowered my saddle yet) and get the other foot clipped in.

So I "pedal coasted" a whopping 0.8 miles today, lol.

Cricket
It’s important that you maintain the proper bike fit or metric for riding so I’d advise against drastic changes unless your setup was off 30 years ago. Do your Look cleats have a lot of float where you can twist your foot around without unclipping? I don’t know what model you have but the Delta version had the red cleats for the most float. I’d encourage sticking with clipless pedals and possibly trying different cleats..

Hang in there. You will get it figured out.