peterws

Bikes: Carrera Virtuoso and friend

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked 47 Times in 38 Posts
Cringe-worthy Handlebars. . .

Purists, avert your beadies.

Long have I desired the Perfect Handlebars. Two decent positions, one up, one down. You know something's wrong, 'cos with the "up" bars, iIride downhill, and wi the "down" bars. . . . You guessed right.

I did have standard drops, but swapped rapidly for Raleigh Bullbars. They were ok, permitted excellent braking and riding in a competitive (I use the word loosely) manner and climbing hills comfortably.

That last bit is important to me.

But anno domini dictated that I needed a higher posture for general riding. The holes in the road (an economic guide to the state of one's nation, and therefore quality of government amongst other things) are such that a damaged neck is a distinct possibility.

Having achieved that milestone (the damaged neck, that is) it was time for a change. It is a story covering several years, and several pairs of handlebars some of which were returned.
I eventually got there. Here I proudly present, for your mirth and understanding (I come from another planet) my Forever Handlebars!! (drum roll, cymbal crash)

They offer excellent control on the flat, and downhill. But no braking, or easy gearchanges on the uphill. Small price to pay for something that handles beautifully.

Last edited by peterws; 06-07-19 at 01:00 PM. Reason: tidying up
Likes For peterws: