Mentor58
'Mizer Cats are INSANE

Bikes: C-dale T800

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sverrefehn
Wow. Glad to hear that the results of your mistake were not severe.

Last week I was out with a teammate and got a flat from a thorn. No big deal. I opened my saddle bag and got my spare tube and couldn't get it to fit around the rim. I had mistakenly grabbed one of my wife's 650c tubes. Luckily, my teammate had a spare so it was all good. But, I often ride by myself in the middle of the week during the day when it would be hard to get a ride from someone. So, a very plausible scenario would have seen me stranded in the countryside on a cold day. I was lucky that time.
I did almost the same thing, was out for a couple of days tour, before I stared out I reached into the seat bag, made sure that I had patches, a tube, levers, multitool, etc. Had a flat the last day, (brutal hot and I was a bit dehydrated due to having dropped a waterbottle and having it run over by a semi). I popped the tire off, started putting the new tube in, thinking all the time "My, that tube seems really fat". Lets just say that a MTB tube wont work with a 700x28 tire. I had put the seatpack on mt MTB earlier that week and forgot to swap out tubes when I took it off. Luckly I had my patch kit, but that taugh me to actually LOOK, not just feel if there is anything there.

Steve W