Thread: Helix Update?
View Single Post
Old 09-19-16, 03:44 PM
jur

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 321 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
The news is from the Helix forum. The last update was that they had switched back to welding instead of cast glued lugs, and just ordered a welding robot and leveling jig, and inert gas welding chamber. Also, that new premises have been secured, and a spin was given to the effect that it would be better for production. TBH, the idea that Helix was asked to leave the original premises is my own speculation, from the fact that the glueing partner was no longer needed. No strong explanation was given as to why the glued lug has been abandoned, but the trouble is that a huge amount of documentation work for the castings was done, and then abandoned. Welding equipment earlier ordered was apparently not good enough, and complete new welding equipment was ordered at the 50 day to starting deliveries mark. It is obvious that it should take that sort of time just for the complex equipment to be delivered, let alone setting up, programming, training, testing etcetera. Then production staff have to be hired and trained. All this should have happened long ago, but the detour from welding to casting then back to welding has caused massive delays. The fact that it still looks like a one man band is very worrying.

I am still hoping for the best, but my hope is definitely fading. One of the single biggest complaints is that the inventor plays his cards close to the chest so nobody has any clue what is really happening. Lots of speculation is going on, with very few responses from the inventor. To me the outward signs are not good.