View Single Post
Old 12-31-19, 12:19 AM
bpcyclist

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 451 Post(s)
Liked 364 Times in 227 Posts
Yep. 21 miles with a bunch of hill repeats in there. I have realized that, even though it is quite hilly here, I still have kind of two different levels of fitness going on with me right now. Endurance-wise, I'm pretty good. I can go and go and go at a decent clip for me. But I am not nearly as fit on the tougher hills. So, I decided to do something about it. There is a portion of my usual city ride where there are four parallel blocks of maybe 150 yards length that are all pretty steep in the 7.5% range or so. Plenty steep for me.

Well, these hills are definitely giving me a workout, doing them back to back. I'll stick with this for a couple of weeks and then go climb one of these little volcanoes here and see if I have improved. Kinda fun to have something to work on, as endurance stuff is really fairly doable for me right now. Not that I could go do 200 miles without stopping--I' m sure I couldn't. But I could do a hundred with minimal stopping. So, anyway, onward. Those hills are calling...
Likes For bpcyclist: