Old 08-26-20, 12:50 PM
phughes

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked 1,289 Times in 743 Posts
Originally Posted by tjc4golf
Agreed. You're not the first (or second) to mention this. Will be lowered.

Who doesn't like paying less? That said, if my primary goal was to save money (1) I wouldn't have sold the Giant and (2) I wouldn't have upgraded the Cannondale (it was perfectly serviceable and being used as a daily commuter when purchased).

The Electra Townie is a lot heavier and has crappier components everywhere I look (with exception of the brakes but she has plenty of braking power with the cantis). She's already comparably slow and a bike such as the Townie would only make her slower. So I'd just be trading one frustration for another.
I know I wasn't the first, as evidenced by the fact I quoted someone who said her seat was "a little too high." I said it was more than a little too high, which it is, by a large degree. Get that sorted out before doing anything else. I suspect the majority of her issues are related to that. Once she feels comfortable, she may also start liking the bike. Take a look at this for help getting her seat height set properly: be/SEAT HEIGHT - HOW HARD CAN IT BE? - The Steve Hogg Bike Fitting Team

And also here: https://www.stevehoggbikefitting.com...d-can-it-be-2/

As for the Townie, many people ride them and love them. It won't necessarily make her slower, besides, I didn't see where it was mentioned she was racing. In the end, she has to be happy with the bike, not you.