Old 01-27-21, 08:02 PM
kissTheApex

Bikes: Yes please

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 536 Post(s)
Liked 308 Times in 199 Posts
Originally Posted by abshipp
That's one we've recently started looking in to.

I work in aerospace manufacturing at the moment. I wouldn't mind doing something different, but it's at least a game I know how to play.
Perhaps some of the race teams can use your expertise?

Originally Posted by Mojo31
Can the new guy ask what might be a stupid question or one with an obvious answer?

Looking more at the trainer/Zwift idea so I can get some saddle time in the mornings before work. Most likely will go with a Wahoo product. Riding outdoors in my hood during the rush hours is out of the question for me.

The thing would go in our workout room where I have a TV on the wall and the ability to connect the TV to a Windows laptop. I have an Android phone and iPad. My stupid question is if I run Zwift on the laptop so I can view on the TV, how does the trainer connect to the laptop? Or, is there another way to set it all up that I am just totally not seeing? Is there anything I need other than the smart trainer such as some sort of dongle to connect the trainer to the laptop?
As I mentioned a couple of pages ago, I run Zwift on a 7 year old laptop. I purchased an ant+ dongle from Amazon, and even though I had a 6 feet long usb extension, I never had to use the extension. Laptop sits on the workbench, about a foot ahead of the handlebars, connecting reliably to everything Zwift needs to, of which he trainer is the obviously the farthest away, about 5-6 feet.