Old 01-09-20, 02:18 PM
bikemig 

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 178 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5888 Post(s)
Liked 3,471 Times in 2,079 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
The ability of the smart trainer to adjust resistance for climbing would be neat to have. For my dumb trainer, i pedal the same as flat road and just go slower when climbing a hill. Its good enough for what I had at the time though.

I saw an earlier post from you about this- the bike I chose was based on it being the least used of my bikes. I figured itd be best to put the wear on that bike's components since I ride it outside the least. I like drop bars for Zwift since it has so many hand positions(i am constantly moving my hands around, Im guessing its how I deal with never getting to coast) and allows for back position changes too.
i picked up a saris m2 trainer on Black Friday. The price was great and it works with 120, 130, or 135 rear wheels. I may use a mtb with a trekking bar as that gives me plenty of hand positions. The unit was back ordered and I just received so I’ll set it up soon. The weather has been pretty mild in Des Moines though so maybe it’s time to get back on the road