Old 08-27-18, 07:32 AM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
I'm having a hard time deciding what to do here. I don't mind the "stay together" rides at all, but like the challenge of an "H" or "P" ride.

However, the one time I did the one north of town in early spring to tune up before my first race......some folks made some rather **** decisions riding open roads. Running stop signs with a car that would arrive before everyone made it through, trying to prevent an echelon like a real race by moving everyone towards the CENTER line of the road.

I feel I'd like a more organized ride with "neutral" areas, "open" areas, hills where the group rejoins, and known sprints. Not some free for all, they are open roads.

I wanted to try the "P" ride south of town but came across a post from 2017 or so lamenting how people were hijacking that ride and doing the same things.

To be clear, I don't care whether I get dropped or not. The time I did the one I didn't like, I dropped a few guys off the back with a move and managed a break attempt and got back home in the front with others.

I just want to LIVE.

What are you guy's/gal's experience with this?