Old 11-02-18, 09:13 PM
expatbrit

Bikes: Ridley X-Fire (now an ex-bicycle), Trek X-Cal, Giant Defy 3

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Canuk1w1
First off, glad you're back in business! SLICED off? By paramedics? That sounds serious.

It was only my 2nd or 3rd ride in the Gabba but I'm very happy with that piece of kit. Once it gets close to 10C, i want to have some wind block on my torso. The summer jerseys vent too much and even with a thick merino base layer (eg icebreaker 260 weight), too much cold air gets through and hits my body - in my experience. The Gabba confirms I can get away without wind block on my arms. BTW, i was also wearing my full Assos leg warmers under the thermal knickers - i don't need shoe covers with that setup and I'm riding more on the leisurely side so not overheating.
I'm thinking to try a short pull in the rain (it's been almost constant here the last week except for Tuesday) this weekend. If the temps stay low then I'll use my Louis Garneau jacket rather than the Gabba (full sleeves, high neck).
It wasn’t the best. Week in the ICU, few of that in critical and so on. But the permanent damage isn’t too bad, all things considered. I was off the left leg for 15 weeks totally, though, and there’s still another surgery or two to come.

I have fhe older, convertible Gabba. It’s superb for changeable days. Start with sleeves on and maybe warmers under it, zip off as and when the day warms up or the effort increases. The fit is great, too.

I think fhe newer equivalent is the Perfetto. Really, the convertibility is what — to me — makes it such a great bit of kit.