View Single Post
Old 12-10-18, 06:49 AM
OldTryGuy

Bikes: Day6 Semi Recumbent "FIREBALL", 1981 Custom Touring Paramount, 1983 Road Paramount, 2013 Giant Propel Advanced SL3, 2018 Specialized Red Roubaix Expert mech., 2002 Magna 7sp hybrid, 1976 Bassett Racing 45sp Cruiser

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1068 Post(s)
Liked 786 Times in 504 Posts
Originally Posted by fastcarbon
.................... My Urologist/Surgeon says 2 - 3 weeks off the bike but he is not a rider....................
Good to read the procedure is done and you're now waiting for cath. to be removed. I would humor the urologist and abide by his recommendations since he could have some concerns specific to your treatment. Maybe others could mount a bike in a shorter time frame after surgery but they are not you. Yes you are a big boy now and can do as you please, just remember, you will suffer the consequences should any occur, not the urologist. You could always check again after cath. is out.

BTW, my prostate diagnoses and treatments were far more invasive than most men go through. My doctor gave me the OK for back on the bike in a couple of days since he knew my abilities and his abilities and felt that damage would not be done, but I was only 65 and 68 not 76, so no clue if I had been older.

GOOD LUCK!!!