Thread: Power output
View Single Post
Old 05-30-19, 09:08 AM
base2 
I am potato.

Bikes: Only precision built, custom high performance elitist machines of the highest caliber. 🍆

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1789 Post(s)
Liked 1,629 Times in 933 Posts
Originally Posted by rubiksoval
Can't buy them anymore as of last week (though you can buy them for 700 from various places). SRAM took over. I emailed the guy, pissed I missed the switch over. Said they're only providing warranty; no more new units.
I see you are correct. I have no nice words right now.

Stages has what looks like complete Ultegra cranksets for $999 right now. I might buy one of theirs out of spite. My wifes bike is due out of the frame builder in a week & the plan was a Powertap C1. I think we can limp along on the P1 pedals, for now, but the necessary shoes really suck the utility out of a custom S&S coupled touring/car replacement bike.

Not happy with SRAM right now. To buy up the competition & then discontinue the competing product is the very definition of anti-competetive monopolistic anti-free-market behaviour. A product or company *should* succeed or fail on the basis of it's merits. What SRAM did runs counter to that, & this consumer has been hurt to the tune of about $700 for the next comparable option.

Last edited by base2; 05-30-19 at 09:12 AM.