View Single Post
Old 06-16-19, 12:48 PM
The Golden Boy 
Extraordinary Magnitude

Bikes: 1978 Trek TX700; 1978/79 Trek 736; 1984 Specialized Stumpjumper Sport; 1984 Schwinn Voyageur SP; 1985 Trek 620; 1985 Trek 720; 1986 Trek 400 Elance; 1987 Schwinn High Sierra; 1990 Miyata 1000LT

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2607 Post(s)
Liked 1,694 Times in 933 Posts
Originally Posted by thook
gorgeous treks you have, dave! love treks

i was just wondering.....what's the swing like on those command shifters, anyway? i wear a men's M size gloves, but my fingers aren't particularly long. even shimano brifters are a little awkward for me. doable, but it is a bit of stretch

i'm going to try and avoid as much complication as possible stick with parts that are "meant" to work together on this. keep my tinker time to a necessary minimum (famous last words) <<<fingers crossed>>>
Thanks!

My hands are built about like yours- I usually take a medium glove, but the fingers are always too long. The Command Shifters are perfect for me- I usually never ride in the drops- unless heading into the wind. I can shift from the tops, the ramps, the hoods... it's just reaching up and pushing or pulling- if you can't reach the paddle to push it, reach to the other side and pull. This is with B177 bars- with long ramps. I got most of my Command Shifters from a guy that was selling them NOS $60-$90 in the boxes a few years ago.

Commence to jigglin’ huh?!?!

"But hey, always love to hear from opinionated amateurs." -says some guy to Mr. Marshall.