View Single Post
Old 08-18-19, 07:08 PM
Danny S

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by cudak888
Danny, that thing is as close to mint as one can hope to find on any average day.

Since it is an '83, I think I'll backpedal on what I've already said - this thing is way too nice to try doing-over; the chances of getting it as polished (pun not intended) as the original finish will be difficult unless you have a first-class bike painter around.

I'd say clean it up and leave it - or trade it off for something more along the lines of what you're looking for. Someone will be willing to trade their two back teeth and a fair number of appendages for it.

-Kurt
Schwinn tech back when "Schwinn School" meant learning how to dis & reassemble a Sturmey Archer 3-Spd coaster brake hub.. then a Machinist Mate on nuc subs.. little experience w/ powder coating motorcycle frames/wheels.. DIY zinc plating.. DIY anodizing in the garage.. painted half a dozen bike frames on my own.. way too much experience color sanding and buffing.

Not expert or talented.. just too cheap to pay somebody else. (facepalm)

Promise, I'll make this one better. Won't letcha down. Fresh paint, new decals, metal finished "as new" or with the mild patina a gentle salvaging leaves.. I'd like it to be as iconic as Pastor Bob's "Sporty"

:-)