Old 03-26-19, 04:04 PM
KraneXL

Bikes: Cannondale Quick SL1 Bike - 2014

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3405 Post(s)
Liked 240 Times in 185 Posts
Originally Posted by gearbasher
Not bike related, but this ^^^^^ reminded me of something my brothers and I used to do. When we were around 5, 7 and 10 years old (I was the middle one), we would put on boxing gloves, go into a windowless room, close the door and light, and just swing away. We laugh about it now, but with the crap we did as kids, we're lucky we're still walking this earth.
One reason my faith is so strong. With all the dumb things I've done in life its a wonder how I'm still alive and well. Anyway, nothing much bike related except a couple of stories that come to mind.

Story One:
Trying to make a slow 180 turn while staying on the bike path. Of course at 6'4 and sitting tall top heavy in the saddle the physics didn't cooperate and down I went. I broke my fall when I reached out but my palm hurt for 6 months. I guess it was fortunate I had on gel gloves at the time.

Story Two:
Unclipped with the right food and leaned left. I realized in mid-fall what I had done wrong. Luckily the light was red so I just lay there splayed on the asphalt. Undamaged other than my ego.