View Single Post
Old 04-06-19, 07:54 PM
eeuuugh

Bikes: Aerotek 4000, Trek 950, Huffy Nel Lusso

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked 105 Times in 49 Posts

I ought to able to make something out of this, right?

March a good month for bike stuff. Found a few frames and parts for free, and then a friend asked me to rehab and build up the Bianchi frame in there for him... payment, three other partial bikes he had laying around the house. My candidate for the clubker challenge is this Azuki:

I actually rescued this bike from a junk heap five years ago, fixed it up, and sold it to a (different) friend... who rode it into the ground and then left it to rot in a back yard for four years.

My plan: Keep the drops, remove the rear wheel and drivetrain, add 7x3 indexed shifting in the form of OEM Shimano bar top "butterfly" shifters, and spread the rear triangle to 135 so I can wedge in some mismatched 700c hybrid wheels. I have a nicer frame I plan to cold set so this one will be practice. Then I'm gonna put a rack and a basket on and ride to Mississippi.

Looking at the bike, I think the brake pads might not have enough adjustment to reach 700c rims. So maybe I'll be making some drop bolts. I'll post in progress pictures as I work on it, but I have to clear out a couple other beaters first! I anticipate swift progress in May when I'm done with school.

Last edited by eeuuugh; 04-06-19 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Autosave didn't restore the end of the post