Phamilton
Virgo

Bikes: A touring bike and a hybrid

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 454 Post(s)
Liked 97 Times in 69 Posts
Originally Posted by ryansu
As previously stated I was thinking Hybrid for this years challenge and even had a line on a Trek 700 for $75. I went to the local co-op today looking for a seat post and stopped in at the warehouse, just to look, and I spotted this.. and since I have never owned a bike made of the mythical metal I was intrigued

Hey now

I could see it was a Trek but it had a fade paint job I had never seen on a Trek, not that I am expert, and the top tube said Cirrus which was not a model I was familiar with hmmm, and its my size and then I see

and the sticker says

Oh yeah! come to Papa!!

So here we are and after some brake adjustment some air in the tires a little saddle and stem adjust. And the addition of some no name pedals and a bottle cage - I figure 3 bucks for the lot out of my parts bin, I am $78 in and have done a 1 km shake down cruise. Aside from the replacement rear wheel and FW it all appears to be an otherwise Original 1987 Trek Cirrus 520.

Test ride time
Clunker indeed - Pinch me. The SIS Indexing even works!

I’m envious! The drop bar hybrid has hidden longings to be a 520 anyway, you’ve spared yourself much time and money for a superior product!