Old 08-13-19, 05:34 AM
cycleheimer

Bikes: '02 Litespeed, '99 Bianchi Alfana. '91 Fuji Saratoga, '84 Peugeot Canyon Express, '82 Moto GR, '81 Fuji America, '81 Fuji Royale; '78 Bridgestone Diamond Touring, '76 Fuji America, plus many more!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked 224 Times in 127 Posts
I was never a big fan of French road bikes. The Moto GT changed that for me. Like Ryansu's, mine is a '78. Great riding bike, and it doesn't wear me out me out on 40 to 50 mile rides. It is also incredibly reliable, and very low maintenance. I would compare it to a Fuji in that regard. It is also a beautifully made bike with many nice details (lugs, paint, hand-painted pinstriping, etc.). I recently put the comfy leather Sella Italia Grand Prix saddle back on it. I actually prefer it on this bike. The brake lever extensions work for me. I like them on this bike (and only this bike). I ride the hoods, and often grab upwards on the section closest to the brake levers. They are hidden behind my 40 YO C'Dale bag anyway. I don't ride with toe clips, and I switched to a nice pair of alloy MKS pedals (circa 1983)

The original pedals were probably the only weak point on this bike, but that is from a 2019 perspective.
Likes For cycleheimer: