jadocs

Bikes: Ti, Mn Cr Ni Mo Nb, Al, C

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 942 Post(s)
Liked 527 Times in 349 Posts
Originally Posted by xiaoman1
Op,
Your header asks did they do the damage and are you crazy....Why do you seem to be equivocating about whether or not the dents were not there when you brought it into the shop and wondering if it was something that you did on the way in. I think you would have noticed damage like that before you brought it in....you have the pics from a few days before you brought it in to be worked on....did you damage it, only you know if you mishandled it.
From all of your posts, it seems to me that the shop did the deed, not you.
For those of you that think a repair stand cant damage a frame, I want to post a few pics of a frame that one of my friends brought in for repair...I think an older Park Pro stand with the preset clamping etc.
The bike was "not" damaged when it was brought in and here are a few pics....I suspect as one other member mentioned that the damage occurred when using twisting force to remove the seatpost....either that or as others stated clamp force was set improperly for a different tube diameter.
IMHO no vacuum pressure from removing the seat post.
Here are some pics of my friend's bike....BTW he brought the damage to the LBS right away and they chalked it up to a new tech not familiar with vintage stuff and paid for a replacement Prologue frame.

Clamp installed incorrectly

same, same..torque force..I think you can see the 2 offset dents much worse than your frame experienced?

Make them take care of it.
Good Luck, Ben
This is like identical....

OP you as mentioned over and over, you need to have the "shop" show you how their equipment didn't do the damage since it is consistent (as shown above) with damage caused by monkeys doing bike repairs. Tell them it's for your own piece of mind. If the owner is reasonable as you say, this should not be a problem. Once it is shown that their equipment caused the damage...now it's their problem.

and for God's sake...learn to do simple repairs (even more complex repairs) yourself. Nobody is going to be as careful as you on your own equipment.