bikerjp
Beer >> Sanity

Bikes: 2014 Evo DA2, 2010 Caad9-4, 2011 Synapse-4, 2013 CaadX-disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Heathpack
Well, I have to say @SirHustlerEsq and @bikerjp, you are simply incorrect on this one. But this is way off topic for OPs question, so if we want to hash it out further, I suggest we take it to a different thread.

Its very silly not to consider sex/gender and intended purpose of a bike. No matter what I say, y'all will persist with your preconceived ideas (that the new bike makes me ride more, that the bikes handle equally). I'm happy to admit that for many people, a better bike might make no difference. But for mr, it has been an obvious turning-point in my training.

There I'm done unless one of y'all want to start a new thread on the subject.

H
I never said a new bike would make you ride more or handle equally. Only that a new bike is unlikely to make one a better cyclist on its own. It MAY encourage you to ride more which is correlated with becoming better. It will likely handle differently as well as different geometries do that but better is subjective. Some say a race geo is twitchy others call it responsive.

Your unscientific observations are not proof of anything and are contrary to the observations of many others. Post some data. Merlinextraligh posted a nice summary of the differences between a 17lb aero bike vs a 25lb bike which is at least based on data. As many people have said, the difference is small.

The one difference that is big and maybe most important is owns own perception. There is no discounting a nicer, better fitting, more comfortable bike, but it will not by itself make you a better cyclist.