Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1340 Post(s)
Liked 2,482 Times in 1,457 Posts
Originally Posted by topflightpro
Did the doctor say you could ride on it? If it's swollen or sore give it time to heal. LOTS of time. Soft tissue injuries are the worst. They feel better but not anywhere near healed, and you go out to do something and aggravate it more. I partially tore my patella more than 6 years ago. It took more than a year before I could start training again - you're younger than I was then, so maybe it will heal faster. Even now, it's still an issue. I suggest you give it a couple of weeks to heal and then see how things feel.
I just got over a soft tissue injury that took 1.5 years to heal. In 2011, I fell off rollers and landed on my elbow. I went to a sports doc and he said the elbow was fine but the bruised soft tissue would take 2 years to heal.

My goal in seeing a doc is to get to PT. I find that PT is helpful figuring out what is exactly the problem and providing advice and a recovery plan. PT has some tricks to expedite healing like a cold laser, ultra sound and massage. Plus I always learn a lot from the therapists.