Old 12-01-19, 04:25 PM
Koyote

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7082 Post(s)
Liked 11,180 Times in 4,775 Posts
Originally Posted by Koyote
I guess this is an advantage of the Shimano system: you don’t remove the battery to charge it. Just plug in the charger to a port.
Originally Posted by GlennR
Great... so when the single battery dies, you lose everything. With eTap you can easily carry a spare or just move the FD to the RD.
You're apparently not familiar with Di2. I probably use more battery power than most Di2 users, as I live in a very hilly area (lots of shifting) and I have the bluetooth feature (which draws a small amount of additional power.) After 500-600 miles, my battery might be down to 50% charge, so I plug it in and it's back to 100% in about ninety minutes. With that much capacity, there's not much chance of running out of power.

The charge level is easily checked even without bt...But with the bt, I get a battery readout right on my cycle computer. It's kind of hard to miss when the battery level gets low.

I do like the SRAM system, too, as it makes for a cleaner install with no wires. But with Di2, you're really not ever going to have a mid-ride battery problem unless you forget to check it for 1000+ miles.