canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4559 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
Originally Posted by MinnMan
Obviously, my foot problems are different from yours, but moldable shoe beds seem like a possibly good solution to the problem I raised- getting the arch support to be just right, not too high or too low....
If you want to experiment a bit, try some moldable putty that stays soft and pliable. Blu Tack gum, Scotch removable mounting putty and others may work for building up an arch support for each foot. It might be more comfortable under a thin cushioned insole.

These putties are really handy. Among other uses, I'm currently using both Blu Tack and Scotch putty on my helmets to hold the mounting shoes for my Drift Ghost X video camera. The original adhesive for the mounting shoes was intended for use on motorcycle helmets and didn't put the camera where I wanted on my bicycle helmets. I wanted to mount them as far back as possible to avoid neck strain (old C1-C2 injury). This required building up the putty to put the shoe at the desired angle. I intended this to be a temporary fix but I've been using it for a couple of months without problems -- hot and cold weather, light rain. It can still be remolded if needed or to restore the preferred angle so the camera records where I'm looking.