robbyville

Bikes: Speedvagen Steel

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked 248 Times in 156 Posts
Originally Posted by johngwheeler
Thanks for the comments!

Having ridden on the tubeless tires for the last week, I think I may have a problem with seating or the sealant - I seem to be losing more significant pressure than I initially thought. My tires were down by about 25-30psi over the last 3 days (without riding the bike for 2 days), which is clearly too much.

I do have farily rough roads to contend with, and I'm wondering whether going over a big bump (pothole or speed-hump) could cause the tire to "burp" and allow air out from the side?

Should I try increasing pressure to reduce the likelihood of this? I'm currently aiming for 68-70psi front and 75-78psi rear.

Any suggestions for how to determine the cause of the pressure loss?

What's nice is the fact that even at 40psi, I can still ride home without worrying about pinch-flats :-)
that’s a lot of pressure to lose so quickly. In all my years with tubeless I average less than 5lbs per day.

you can simply do a soap and water test, grab some suds and roll them around the wheel and see where bubbles come out just like when finding a leak with an inner tube. Sometimes I’ve see the valve cores be a bit loose or bent and when using caps on the valves they get depressed and lose air from the valve stem as well. Check spoke holes and where the valve comes through the rim as well.

good luck!