Old 03-08-19, 11:51 PM
johngwheeler

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 471 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by robbyville

that’s a lot of pressure to lose so quickly. In all my years with tubeless I average less than 5lbs per day.

you can simply do a soap and water test, grab some suds and roll them around the wheel and see where bubbles come out just like when finding a leak with an inner tube. Sometimes I’ve see the valve cores be a bit loose or bent and when using caps on the valves they get depressed and lose air from the valve stem as well. Check spoke holes and where the valve comes through the rim as well.

good luck!
Originally Posted by Ald1
To the OP. Have you put the wheel in water to see where it's leaking? I'll bet you have leaks around the spokes and also perhaps the valve stem. I run the same tire on ENV wheels and at first had this. My philosophy is, if you need sealant to stop leaks other than road punctures there is a problem with the wheel rim tape and/or mounting. No leaks first then add sealant. I stopped going to a bike shop after they created a royal mess by pumping more and more sealant to try to mount a tubless tire and eventually gave up.
The problems seems to have sorted itself out, and I'm now only losing about 5psi per 24 hour period including my 30km commute. This is acceptable to me.

Maybe I went over a big bump and lost air through the side or even had an unnoticed puncture that sealed itself?

I'm still really happy with the tires - they feel both fast and comfortable, which is the winning combination :-)