View Single Post
Old 07-03-19, 03:27 PM
Camilo

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1109 Post(s)
Liked 1,200 Times in 760 Posts
Sram for me without question. I used Shimano for years but now have my two main bikes on Sram (Red and Force 10 sp.). The ergonomics of the shifters just work so much better for me. I have arthritic elbows (old injury on radial bone head) and the double tap can be done more-or-less with finger movement, without as much arm twisting of the whole arm required to shift with the Shimano brake lever. I doubt if most people have this issue, but I do. The hoods work well for me too. I do have a Shimano group on my gravel bike, but it's 9 speed with bar end shifters - which also work very well for my elbows issue. Sounds crazy, but I'd go with good Cane Creek levers and bar end shifters if I was forced to go with Shimano.

Functionality? All my and my wife's bikes (Shimano Ultegra 9 and 10 speed) work flawlessly with minimal adjustment and maintenance, so that's a wash.

Oh, I also have a Campy 8 speed Record. It uses indexed 8 speed downtube shifters. I might switch to Campy 8 speed Ergos, but having one downtube bike is fun. I've never used the Campy Ergos, so can't comment on the ergonomics.

Ergonomics trumps all other considerations, because IMHO, they all work very, very well.

Last edited by Camilo; 07-04-19 at 02:05 PM.