View Single Post
Old 10-17-18, 11:19 AM
wgbatche

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thank you Velo! I have ordered a set (both right and left) from Amazon. I spent a lot of time at Ace and Lowes to no avail. Then online looking at "specialized" tool places. No luck there either. It was SO specialized, I did not even consider Amazon! Here is what happened. I was hit by a car. They turned in front of me away from the curb on my right. I am still sore and have a few scabs, but no broken bones or head impact. Since the impact was at a 45 degree hit, the bike was a little tweaked (handle bars and seat), but seems okay. As a result, the bike now has a slight "tick" when the pedal reaches the 12 o'clock position on the left side. I can feel it in my left foot, but not the right foot. As a result, I suspected it is in the pedal and not in the crank because I would more likely feel that in both feet. So to test this theory, I thought I'd try replacing the pedals. I could not rotate the pedal thought by hand to recreate it. I had to be in motion with some slight resistance (slightly up hill for example). The right pedal (which I don't believe is the culprit) was hard as heck to get off. The inside threads on the crank are messed up. Was this a result of the accident? I can't say. It could be that it was cross-threaded at the factory when it was built. Now I have a lingering question still about the "tick" AND a screwed up thread. So I have made things worse. Now I have some good taps coming from amazon to clean out the threads. I am fairly certain when I get this done, I will still have the damn tick :-). Then I will be back to my original mystery.