View Single Post
Old 08-20-19, 05:47 AM
Grotug

Bikes: Scott Addict Team Issue

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 7 Posts
Morning heart rate report: I woke up, went pee (very yellow) but weight good for being dehydrate: 140lb! Put on my heart rate strap; lay back down and my heart rate was 79. So I figured it might take awhile before it calms down. About a minute later (maybe two?) HR was 42. I thought the thing was broken! (I'm not a pro athlete?) I tried to feel for my HR but couldn't find it. Anyway, I saw it go to 43; then it dropped to 40 briefly, so figured it was working. I then went on my phone, checking mail, nothing too exciting... and HR went up to 47, hit 48 for a split second; then I put the phone down and the HR dropped to 42 in about 6 seconds. My guess this means I am rested and is example of good variable heart rate, but I don't really know.

Thanks again, everyone, for all great posts in this thread! I tell ya, data sure makes training more fun!

EDIT: after I posted this HR was at 50; I then watched it on the bike computer and it dropped to 43 in about ten or eleven seconds.

I then closed the computer for a minute or two and snuck a glance at the bike computer and for a split second I caught it at 39 before going to 40. (Was really hoping to see it go below 40. BTW, highest HR I've recorded is 171 about a month ago.

tl;dr HR fluctuating betwen 39 and 50 while lying in bed doing nothing, looking at phone and posting on forum on laptop.

Last edited by Grotug; 08-20-19 at 05:59 AM.