View Single Post
Old 09-24-20, 12:27 PM
verktyg 
verktyg

Bikes: Current favorites: 1988 Peugeot Birraritz, 1984 Gitane Super Corsa, 1980s DeRosa, 1981 Bianchi Campione Del Mondo, 1992 Paramount OS, 1988 Colnago Technos, 1985 RalieghUSA SBDU Team Pro

Mentioned: 207 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1036 Post(s)
Liked 1,238 Times in 654 Posts
Huret Hanger Threads

Originally Posted by no67el
Thanks Chas and JohnDThompson--- that's exactly what I was struggling with: the travel stop tab on the Shimano Crane derailleur (which Chas shows so well in his post) won't fit over the Huret dropout on my Raleigh Competition without modification. The modification I think I need is to file a notch or a slot in the dropout, just like the modified Schwinn dropout JohnDThompson shows.

Thank you all! I think I can just use a flat file to notch the dropout, and a bit of paint afterward.... I've already run the 10mm x 1.0 mm tap through the threads.

N
No problema...

Not sure why you needed to run a tap through the hole except to clean up the threads??? The hangers are already tapped 10mm x 1mm.

Simplex dropouts have an unthreaded 9mm hole. You can run a 10mm x 1mm tap through the hole and most RDs with a tab will fit with no further modification.

Best part is Simplex RDs will still mount because the minor diameter of a 10m x 1mm thread is 9mm...

verktyg

Chas. ;-)