View Single Post
Old 09-27-20, 04:27 PM
SkepticalOne

Bikes: 2021 Trek Emonda SL7, 2019 Trek Checkpoint ALR4, 2020 Trek P1 Domane SLR7

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked 80 Times in 43 Posts
Originally Posted by jaxgtr
So went by the shop today after I was chatting with my wife about this subject today and she thought waiting for 6 month seem odd if you can get the P1 in 6 weeks. So when I asked to see what was showing my delivery time today, they said it has been pushed back to middle to end of March now. So I will be going by there tomorrow to talk to the owner to discuss cancelling and going the P1 route. In the end, the cost, while higher, is not that much more when you factor in the changes I was going to do anyway and I can get the Viper Red I wanted.
Note also that one option available for your P1 order is the frame geometry itself. There is a ProEndurance geometry which is lower and longer (per my photo above in this thread). I went P1 specifically for this reason - the geometry is only available as a P1. Definitely more aggressive than the Off-the-Rack model, but gives me something closer to the Madone I always wanted.