View Single Post
Old 04-11-24, 12:47 AM
OldTryGuy

Bikes: Day6 Semi Recumbent "FIREBALL", 1981 Custom Touring Paramount, 1983 Road Paramount, 2013 Giant Propel Advanced SL3, 2018 Specialized Red Roubaix Expert mech., 2002 Magna 7sp hybrid, 1976 Bassett Racing 45sp Cruiser

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1069 Post(s)
Liked 801 Times in 508 Posts
Originally Posted by Jughed
I'm going to one up you.
Last night I passed a young buck on a CF Emonda - looked brand new, had CF wheels. He was probably in his mid 20's - all kitted up. I passed him twice.
I was riding my steel Lemond... 53 years old with a full on big grey beard. And I did the ole look him in the eyeball move when passing, crushing the kids hopes and dreams. Getting stomped on the bike path by an old guy on vintage steel!! Soul crushing for him. The surprise on his face when he heard the "passing on the left" - only to see santa clause stomping him!. Priceless.
I wonder if he read the expensive bike thread.
Smashing people on the MUP is serious business.
reading between the lines = *Last night headed out for a ride on the local Rail 2 Trail bike path. Passed this youngster fixing a flat on his BRAND NEW $$$$$ EMONDA. Poor kid evidently never fix a flat before "cause he was still trying when I passed him on the way back"*
Likes For OldTryGuy: